About Me

My photo
I work, I study, I play, I laugh, I sing out loud, I skip, I drink too much coffee, I love great food, I bake, I write, I try and be a good mum and wife, I sometimes do housework!!!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Morning tea with the girls...


I had a morning tea with some girlfriends this morning and amongst bountiful roses, some scrap booking and cuppas I served up this:

walk on the beach 007


Chocolate & Cranberry Slice (Annabel Langbein)

Gently melt 350g dark eating chocolate – use the best quality you can for the very best flavour – over a double boiler, or just a heatproof bowl sitting over a pot containing a little boiling water.

While the chocolate is melting, line a small loaf tin with baking paper so the slice will be really easy to get out.

The trick to melting chocolate is not to overheat it. Once the chocolate starts to melt, the heat that is generated carries on heating the rest of the chocolate, so keep stirring until all the chocolate is melted.

Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat and mix in 3/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk, stirring until it is evenly combined. Then add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 3/4 cup of shelled pistachio, 1 cup of dried cranberries and 1/4 cup of icing sugar. Mix well.

The mixture will start to set very quickly but don’t worry about that. Just mould it with your hands as it is really malleable, and press firmly into the prepared lined tin. It takes just 30 minutes to set in the refrigerator.


It was definitely a HUGE hit and I did little take home bags for everyone ( like a party favour bag!!!)

This is a keeper for sure, so easy and will be on my Christmas baking list......it makes so much and slices up in to fine delicate slices perfectly...it will go a long, long, long way!!

So if you feel like being decadent - go right ahead - divine!!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my!! now I just know I will love this decadent cake & I can't wait to try it.
    C'est delicieux !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Tiffany how wicked, how delish, how yum! Thanks for posting this, I am going to make it. Oh I love cranberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear.. That looks Devine!!!! Must try this one our for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I so want to try this, it looks delectable!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for blessing me by stopping by my little blog - I always appreciate your comments TK xx