About Me

My photo
I work, I study, I play, I laugh, I sing out loud, I skip, I drink too much coffee, I love great food, I bake, I write, I try and be a good mum and wife, I sometimes do housework!!!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Imperfect Prose - Things My Son Has Taught Me

loving that I am back joining in here doing some writing again.

THINGS MY SON HAS TAUGHT ME

the magic
of a thousand firsts
the whispers
of baby breaths
on my cheek
when I held you
as you slept
the delights
of a child's
world view
the serenade
of simple
nursery rhymes
the happiness
of your
cheeky deep chuckles
the freedom
of skipping
through leaves
the warmth
of a
million cuddles
the simplicity
of loving
without demand
the possibility
of infinite patience
the best in me
the very worst in me
this love
will never
end.

TK xx

5 comments:

  1. The best and the worst in us. I hear you. Kids can teach you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for your recent comments and encouragement on my blog. :) and i love love love this little poem b/cs it rings so true to me as well. there is no refining for us mamas like that thru our children. i love the "cheeky deep chuckles" line b/cs i can see it in my own little ones. lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. the simplicity
    of loving
    without demand


    oh yes, friend. how you've captured here in this beautiful poem... this is childhood, and motherhood, and this is grace. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautifully heartfelt...thankyou so much for your kind words on my blog. I always love to connect with like-minded people. I am so glad you stopped by, as I am looking forward to having a proper look around your blogworld.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful words Tiff. Any parent would feel the same, I hope.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for blessing me by stopping by my little blog - I always appreciate your comments TK xx