About Me

My photo
I work, I study, I play, I laugh, I sing out loud, I skip, I drink too much coffee, I love great food, I bake, I write, I try and be a good mum and wife, I sometimes do housework!!!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Love the Pablo Neruda way

Our task in Writer's Group this week is to choose a piece of writing that we love and then try to emulate the same style/feel in a piece of our own. My choice is this beautiful poem by Pablo Neruda:

Love


Because of you, in gardens of blossoming flowers I ache from the


perfumes of spring.


I have forgotten your face, I no longer remember your hands;


how did your lips feel on mine?


Because of you, I love the white statues drowsing in the parks,


the white statues that have neither voice nor sight.


I have forgotten your voice, your happy voice; I have forgotten


your eyes.


Like a flower to its perfume, I am bound to my vague memory of


you. I live with pain that is like a wound; if you touch me, you will


do me irreparable harm.


Your caresses enfold me, like climbing vines on melancholy walls.


I have forgotten your love, yet I seem to glimpse you in every


window.


Because of you, the heady perfumes of summer pain me; because


of you, I again seek out the signs that precipitate desires: shooting


stars, falling objects.

~Pablo Neruda~

I love his divine imagery and hope to emulate this to some degree with my own piece.......I will be back in a day or two with my take on this.

TK xx

1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Hope you're having a lovely week :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for blessing me by stopping by my little blog - I always appreciate your comments TK xx