About Me

My photo
I work, I study, I play, I laugh, I sing out loud, I skip, I drink too much coffee, I love great food, I bake, I write, I try and be a good mum and wife, I sometimes do housework!!!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday Musings...

Well here we are on yet another hot day...for my os friends in the Northern Hemisphere lets just say we are sitting at 34 deg C this morning at 9am!!!! Already ugly outside & a stay inside in the cool kind of day! Kids all cranky at school this morning, oh I am soooooo thankful I am NOT a teacher!!! I don't think I would cope!!

So here I am back home in my beautifully airconditioned home just thinking about setting up bedroom for my dad & mum who are driving over to Adelaide for a few days! So, yes I am spoilt with this airconditioning & I do thank the Lord for it on these hot days.

I spare a thought for my folks as they drive the 7-8 hour journey here but I guess it will be short stops along the way & staying cool in the car LOTS!!!!!! It will be good to have them here with us for a few days.

As we settle to yet another week, I just pray for help with the heat, it seems to bring out the worst in me! Shaun I were busy after church yesterday trying to refit new toilet in our back toilet room......lots of frustrations - it was too hot, we were cranky & all in all a "Jonah" kinda day!!! We both fell into bed early last night & decided to strike the day out BIG TIME!! Oh but the toilet room did get done!!! I am going to copy some decorative ideas from a blogspot I follow http://domesticallyspeaking.blogspot.com & paint some old vases white for the shelf that will go in there. Thanks a bunch Maryann for the inspiration! Maryann is a wealth of information on all manner of things!!

I love spending time with my dad & mum & it will be so nice to have them here to stay. It has been about 17 months since they were last at our home so a lot has changed since then....be great to spend family time, catch up, bake for my dad, coffees, shopping with my mum, maybe a meal or two outside if the weather cools enough in the evening.....you know those sorts of simple feel good things.....

Anyway heres wishing you blessings this week & may you find something good (or even great!!) to celebrate.

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for blessing me by stopping by my little blog - I always appreciate your comments TK xx