About Me

My photo
I work, I study, I play, I laugh, I sing out loud, I skip, I drink too much coffee, I love great food, I bake, I write, I try and be a good mum and wife, I sometimes do housework!!!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What a wonderful surprise....

lurking in our shed!!!

Shaun had a day off & we got busy moving our boxes (yes there were lots!!) of books back into the house (yes it was hot!!!!) in preparation for our soon to arrive bookcase (yes we are still waiting for the timber!!!)

Talk about feeling on top of the world. Despite the hot thirsty work I had such a fabulous few hours going through my books - many like long lost friends - & re connecting with them. I stopped along the way & took a moment or two to rest with a coffee in hand & read some passages in many of my newly reacquainted old friends.

I have always loved reading & books...& soon it will be the first time that I will have a proper book case to put up ALL my books!! I will post some photos when it is all done.

My favourite finds were "Sarah & The Magic Twenty-Fifth" by Margaret Epp & "Turkey Red" by Esther Loewen Vogt....both were Sunday School book prizes many years ago. Boy did I read those books over & over again!! "Sarah"is the worse for wear having completely fallen apart from her cover BUT she is all there still!!

I wonder what treasures you have lurking out in your storage area/shed that you may have forgotten about - its worth a tidy up just for the new delight in making what is old new again!!

Happy Hunting, gathering & reading!!

TK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for blessing me by stopping by my little blog - I always appreciate your comments TK xx