About Me

My photo
I work, I study, I play, I laugh, I sing out loud, I skip, I drink too much coffee, I love great food, I bake, I write, I try and be a good mum and wife, I sometimes do housework!!!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Monday Musings....

We are safely back home from our wonderful family centred weekend in the beautiful Port Lincoln where we had the honour of celebrating my dear Nan's 90th. She was in top form and it was such a blessing to see her sitting smiling and watching her family as we all spent time catching up and reminiscing times past. We all live apart and don't get to catch up very often so it was a really special time - one of those 'heart moments' in life.

Easter was almost an aside but I to want to pause play homage today for my Monday Musings' to one of my favourite poets, Christina Rosetti. She is well known for her religious tone and especially for her Easter themed works. Here is just one of my picks:

An Easter Carol

Spring bursts to-day,

For Christ is risen and all the earth’s at play.

 
Flash forth, thou Sun,

The rain is over and gone, its work is done.
 

Winter is past,

Sweet Spring is come at last, is come at last.
 

Bud, Fig and Vine,

Bud, Olive, fat with fruit and oil and wine.

 
Break forth this morn

In roses, thou but yesterday a Thorn.
 

Uplift thy head,

O pure white Lily through the Winter dead.

 
Beside your dams

Leap and rejoice, you merry-making Lambs.
 

All Herds and Flocks

Rejoice, all Beasts of thickets and of rocks.
 

Sing, Creatures, sing,

Angels and Men and Birds and everything.


All notes of Doves

Fill all our world: this is the time of loves.

(Christina Rosetti)

Whether you be of religious persuasion or not, I hope that you can see the beauty in Christina Rosetti's work and appreciate her ability to paint a picture with her descriptive verse. It truly feeds my soul.

TK xx

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Tiffany. Welcome home to you and your family. I am so glad you had a wonderful family celebration of your Nan's 90th.
    Thank you also for your honest and lovely comments at my place recently, you are a very special soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trust you had a great time at Post Lincoln!! Sounds like a blissful family gathering.

    Enjoy the rest of the break Tiffani!
    Hope you have some relaxing time and lots of chocolate bunnies! xx


    P.S. Enjoyed the poem! Thanks for the intro with Christina Rosetti. I wasn't familiar with her work.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for blessing me by stopping by my little blog - I always appreciate your comments TK xx